Whilst open the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors will be our most important priority. In accordance with government and North Devon Council guidelines we have adjusted our ways of working to ensure visitors experience the collections in a safe and welcoming way.
What to expect from a visit:
- We will be limiting visitors to same household/support bubble (max. 6 people to a group) every 15 minutes to the museum. To ensure your time slot book online or by phone.
- All visitors to the museum or tea-room will be asked to use the NHS Covid-19 app to register their visit to comply with the Government’s Test and Trace programme. If this is not possible we shall take the names and contact numbers for the group.
- Face coverings are required throughout the museum and strongly advised whilst moving around Bromleys tearooms, in line with government guidance.
- Online booking is available on our website, or by phone on 01271 346747.
- Our new opening hours will be 10:30am – 4:30pm, Tuesday – Saturday (last admittance 4:00pm).
- There will be a new one way system to follow around the museum.
- Staff and volunteers will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- The lift will be for the use of visitors with mobility issues or pushchairs users. We will need to make special arrangements to modify the route for these visitors so please tell us in advance if you need to use the lift.
- Hand sanitiser stations are situated around the museum and touch points in each gallery will be cleaned regularly.
- Social distancing guidance will be displayed throughout the museum.
How you can help:
- If you are not going to be able to turn up for a booked visit please let us know as soon as possible so we can make you slot available to others.
- To comply with government guidance and provide quick entry visitors can download the NHS Covid-19 track and trace app here.
- Face coverings are now mandatory in the museum, shop and tearooms (whilst moving). Please bring you own face coverings as the museum cannot provide one.
- Please keep all prams, pushchairs and mobility aids with you and do not leave them in the museum foyer.
- Please read our guidance on arrival and follow the advice of our staff and volunteers.
- Be aware of social distancing when passing through the displays and keep two metres apart from volunteers/visitors when possible.
- Make use of the sanitiser stations and wash your hands thoroughly when using toilet facilities.
- Be considerate of other museum users and do not move into the next gallery until the previous visitors have exited.
- Please reschedule your museum visit if you are feeling unwell.